In previous posts (Appellations…by Any Other Name6/7/11, and Origin of Appellations 6/15/11) I began to explain the types of wine label naming conventions and the protections they are meant to provide the consumer. Below is the link to a blog that explains very well how the Italian DOC and DOCG (and IGT for that matter) system really exists to protect the geographic areas, some ancient, for the producers, and not the consumers. Very insightful and informative.
- Law Estate Wines: Passion and aesthetics inspire a unique winery - Wrtten Palette paper.li/WiningWays/130… 21 hours ago
- The latest WiningWays Daily! paper.li/WiningWays/130… Thanks to @peterhandzus @Franciacorta @NomadicByNature #recipe #wine 21 hours ago
- The First Chardonnay Vineyard In Napa Valley forbes.com/sites/cathrine… 1 day ago
- The latest WiningWays Daily! paper.li/WiningWays/130… Thanks to @toddntucker @annieyncymru @PortsmthNHPatch #recipe #wine 1 day ago
- Bringing Engineering To Volcanic Wines In Campania, Italy forbes.com/sites/cathrine… 2 days ago
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets